Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Highlights of 2013

Reed and I were both glad to say goodbye to 2012. It was a hard year. Reed's younger brother passed away and we suffered our second miscarriage after months of trying. We welcomed 2013 and it didn't disappoint. We had a lot of fun this year and a lot of big, happy things happened.


I started the year off taking a spontaneous weekend trip to Albuquerque to see friends. We shopped, ate some good food, and hung out! I also flew by myself for the first time and I handled it like a seasoned traveler!


For my birthday we took a trip to New York City! I fulfilled a life long dream and we had an amazing time. I have wanted to go to NYC since I was little. Whenever we would go on a family vacation, I always asked if we could go to New York. It was freezing and snowed a little. My kind of weather! It took me a little bit to warm up. I was a little grumpy the first day as we walked around. I didn't put on enough layers because I didn't want to be too hot. After about half an hour I adjusted and loved the weather. It felt so nice. One night we walked around to try and find something for dinner. It started snowing and it was so much fun to walk around in the snow.


The weekend after we returned from New York, we found out we were pregnant. I called Reed and rambled on for about 10 minutes about how we shouldn't get excited, or get our hopes up, that it wasn't a big deal, and I was just telling him because I had to, but I didn't want to get excited. I repeated those things over and over, then I told him I took a test and it was positive. 


In May we found out we were expecting a baby girl!


Reed took a couple days off of work in July and we went to San Diego for his Aunt's wedding. While we were there we hit the beach and the San Diego Zoo. San Diego is one of our favorite places to visit. It was a nice last vacation as a family of two!


Sadie dominated the rest of the year.


She was born in October and the months have flown by!


This picture was taken before we left the hospital. She's so tiny here!


We celebrated our first Thanksgiving together.


And our first Christmas.



Christmas morning, Sadie and I had a chance to hang out while we waited for Reed to wake up so we could open presents. I took the time to think about how thankful I am for our little girl. It's funny how much can happen in one year. God truly blessed us and I don't take His gift for granted. I know Sadie won't remember this holiday, but I'll treasure it forever. 








No comments:

Post a Comment