Friday, December 13, 2013

What we've been up to lately

Time is flying by. I cannot believe that Sadie will be two months old in a little over a week. She certainly keeps me busy during the day so it doesn't leave me much time for blogging. I've been trying to enjoy every moment with her. She is the sweetest thing, but she's demanding! :) Generally, I like to have everything scheduled/planned out so I know what to expect. I figured once Sadie arrived we'd get into a routine and try to stick with it as much as we could. Since she's been born, it's kind of been the opposite. I let her call the shots and go with the flow. If I have stuff that needs to be done, I work around what she's doing and get it done when I can. She still sleeps a lot so there isn't much to put into a routine anyway. When I can, I try and follow the EASY routine (eat, activity, sleep, you). However, she usually falls asleep while I'm feeding her. I know there's a lot of stuff out there that says you're not suppose to nurse to sleep, but so far it hasn't caused us any issues. I don't think it makes sense to wake her up just to have her fall back asleep or keep her awake so she's fussy.

Our days fly by. She eats every two hours during the day, sometimes she goes three hours between feedings. It blows my mind how fast two hours go by. I'm lucky because she's always been a pretty fast eater, but before I know it, it's time to feed her again.

I don't want to jinx anything, but she's been sleeping pretty good at night. She usually eats between 8:00 and 9:00 P.M. and sleeps to 3:00 or 4:00 A.M. Reed changes her and brings her back to me to eat and then she sleeps until 6:00 A.M. or 7:00 A.M. I've tried waking her around 10:00 P.M. to feed her to get her longer stretch of sleep to last longer in the morning, but she still wakes up a few hours later. It isn't horrible so I'm just letting her do her thing for now. Once she starts staying more alert we will not be starting our day at 3:00 A.M. so we may have some sleep training in our future.

We started using her one size cloth diapers a few weeks ago. I LOVE them. There was a small part of me that was worried I wouldn't like using cloth. I read so many blogs and different opinions while researching cloth diapers. There were a handful of people who tried it and for different reasons didn't like it and switched to disposables. I've had a couple small leaks, but both times she was in her diaper for longer than usual. I think one of the biggest misconceptions about using cloth diapers is that you touch poop. I touched waaaay more poop using disposables.

Christmas is about a week away. It's going to be special sharing it with our little Sadie girl. We're having family over on Christmas Eve morning for a brunch. We'll go to church in the afternoon and come home to open our stockings and eat yummy food. Christmas morning we'll see what Santa brought us, open our presents, and eat a nice breakfast. I'm very excited about starting traditions with the three of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment