Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Childbirth Class

During the time Reed took off from work we had our childbirth preparation class. I decided to do the all day Saturday class instead of taking it over 4 weeks. Between our work schedules it would be too difficult to find a class during the evening that would work since I work until 8:00 pm three nights a week and Reed can get off anywhere from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. The first thing we did was go through introductions, which is one of my least favorite things. I hate speaking in front of people, especially people I don't know. One of the questions we had to answer was when you hear labor and delivery what's the first thing that comes to mind? Almost every answer mentioned pain, I said babies.

The class consisted of watching movies, lectures, a tour of the maternity ward, and a relaxation exercise. The female body is pretty amazing. It is incredible how everything falls into place and works itself out during the birthing process. My favorite part was the tour. It was exciting seeing where our little bambino will be born. The labor and delivery rooms are really nice and bigger than I expected. 

It was an interesting class and I'm glad we took it. It made me excited about the birthing process and getting to meet our girl. It also reinforced how I want to bring her into this world. I'm trying not to have a plan about labor because anything can happen and I need to be open to that. I have surprised myself a little bit because I'm very much at peace with the whole birthing thing. To be honest, I really don't want a c-section, but if that happens I'll be ok and get through it. Our goal is a healthy baby! We're getting closer, nine-ish more weeks to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment