Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Dream Job

I started working at a library close to my house in December 2012. I have always wanted to work at a library and I was finally doing my dream job. While it was a pretty easy job, it was also physically taxing. I spent a lot of time squatting, bending over picking up books, and pushing a cart that when fully loaded weighed about 50 pounds. My goal was to work until September and take it from there. I began feeling more and more wiped out the beginning of August. Reed and I talked about it and decided that working through the end of the month would be good. I would reach my goal and have time to nest before baby girl makes her arrival.

Yesterday was my last day and it was bittersweet. The ladies at work spoiled me. I was greeted with mini bundt cakes and presents. They are really thoughtful and it meant a lot to me that people who I have only worked with for 10 months gave me such a sweet goodbye.

I am excited to have some time at home to get a last few things in order and to start cooking some dinners to freeze. I am also sad to leave a job that I enjoy doing. I guess you can say I'm leaving one dream job for another because staying home with Sadie is going to be amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment