Saturday, August 31, 2013

Growth Scan

At our doctors appointment on Tuesday the nurse told us she wanted to order a growth scan because I was measuring behind. She said that I have always measure a week or a week and a half behind and wanted to make sure everything was ok. I tried my best not to worry, but once I made it to the car I began to worry about something being wrong. I was able to talk myself out of it. I have been consistently gaining weight and my belly has been growing. I may be a little small, but I have been consistent throughout my pregnancy.

We had our scan on Thursday and our sweet girl is in the 32nd percentile weighing about 4 pounds. The ultrasound tech informed us that they generally don't worry unless the baby is measuring in the 10th percentile or below. It is a relief to know that she's ok and growing. It is definitely a lot more crowded in there. There were times when I had no idea what we were looking at because I couldn't make out any shapes, but I'm not a trained professional. I saw her yawn and we learned that she is head down, which is another huge relief.

The tech also told us that every time she would try to push Sadie with the wand to make her move, Sadie would push right back. That pretty much confirmed that we're going to have a little sassafras on our hands. Reed has mentioned on more than one occasion that he hopes the baby takes after him because he's so laid back and I'm... well... on the saucy side.

Each week brings us closer and closer to meeting her! We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I know how that feels! At our 38 week appointment baby girl was in the 16th percentile...crazy to us because we're not small people! After another week she jumped to the 20th percentile! They can grow fast in there, but it's still scary when there's any concern from the doctors. Good luck during your last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jana! Yay I'm glad baby girl jumped up! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete