Friday, October 18, 2013

Nursery

Our glider came in this week. Yaaay! Now all we need is a baby, but apparently we have a stubborn girl on our hands. Ok, I need to relax. It's not even her due date yet. For the most part everything is ready in her room. Reed still needs to hang the mobile over the glider and I might add some frames to the walls behind the glider. That will have to wait until after she arrives though. I'm trying to relax as much as possible until she shows up.


I made the little fabric banner. Thank you Pinterest. It was a little time consuming because I had to cut each piece of fabric, but I just watched Netflix and time flew by.


The table and chairs were mine and my sister's when we were younger. We played with them all the time. Our names are engraved on the back and it was a pain to paint! The tea set from Beauty and the Beast is also mine from when I was little. Once Sadie is mobile I'll move it to higher ground, but my sister and I sat in these same seats playing with our tea sets!


I still need to pick up a few things to complete the shelves. We're going to put different items from her birthday in the shadow box. I made the alphabet frame, pinwheels and jar, the purple S, and the bow holder was made by one of the special gals in my life for the shower. Reed painted and hung the Ikea spice racks, another Pinterest find. For the shower, guests brought books instead of cards and I can't wait to read them to Sadie.


Our comfy glider! It reclines and swivels. It's so amazing.


Sadie probably has the nicest room in the house. :) It feels so good to have everything finished and to have the glider. I've sat in the glider every night and read to her or thought about all the memories we're going to have in her room. Sunday is her due date and Reed doesn't have to work on Saturday (Giant YAY!) so I think we're going to hang out and enjoy our last weekend as a family of two. Start saying some prayers and shout outs to the Big Guy upstairs that she arrives soon, safely and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment